A Worn Path

Wednesday, March 3, 2010 3:13 PM by mysense literature

Do we have such strength, determination, and strong will as Phoenix Jackson, an old colored woman in the story “A Worn Path” by Eudora Welty. This story really touches my heart and inspires myself to gather all my strength I have, to do my first degree after last 14 years I obtained my diploma. There are a lot of changes and new experiences in my life.

With this undying passion for continual improvement and enrichment, I chose to do PJJ TESL, UPM Program. As a wife to a husband, a mother to four children and an employee to an organization, the thought of studying in this program really blends me with excites and worries which I couldn’t express in words.

Now I realize that what we need is to love life without getting tired. Smile at your wife, smile at your husband, smile at your children, smile at each other that will help to forget your pains. There's a wish in every heart. Do what we love to do but make sure we are focused on what is really important to us.



I feel like I still am struggling in a lot of different ways. I still have to fight for certain things. Certain jobs. At least I'm working and I'm thankful for that.

Gina Gershon