I Need a Break

Tuesday, May 4, 2010 10:11 PM by mysense literature

There comes a point in everybody's life when a thought of a getaway from the lives we live crosses our mind. For some it's just an image that pops up and quickly disappears with its unrealistic theme and others can't get it out of their mind, dwelling about it their whole life. Although, most people do think of an escape, they don't particularly know what they want. In his poem "The Lake Isle", William Butler Yeast puts down on paper the simple things he longs for in life, revealing us the picture of the lake he wants to escape to.
I am just another person who define the place I could find peace within. I wish I could just get away from the life routine for a while, escape from doing lesson plans and teaching aids for my teaching practical, escape from my never ending work at my office, escape from other people that are trying to blame others instead of their mistakes . Escape from everything that is real which is sometimes so suffocating to me and just pretend that life is ok. All the chaos, confusion, pressures, threats, I need everything to just disappear for a while, leaving me at peace to collect my thoughts, strength and maybe even find some courage to go on. I just need a break. Somehow, I have to keep going and hope that in the end I can win all the battles, if I don't then this life will indeed break me.


"Start writing a new chapter, for if you live by the book you'll never make history."....
-Ben Sobel